Living in the Arizona sunshine has its perks, but the last thing you want to think about is whether or not your heating and cooling systems in Scottsdale will work from one day to the next. A sad reality of life is that the cost of replacing a HVAC system is not something that homeowners can manage or don’t have put away for that rare rainy day. However, there are a few things that home owners can do to extend the life of both heating and cooling systems – so that they can extend that replacement as long as possible.
First – Activate a Regular AC and Heating Maintenance Schedule
Regular maintenance is the key to longevity of any mechanical device. From cars, boats, trains and airplanes to the HVAC system that keeps your home comfortable during our extreme temperature ranges, staying on top of routine service of any mechanical device is often the difference between fully functional units – to one that is broken prematurely. It’s estimated by the US Department of Energy that the root cause of 85% of cooling and heating system failure is premature parts wear and tear. When you take time to have a professional HVAC contractor complete AC maintenance or heating service in Scottsdale, those parts are serviced, lubricated, inspected and replaced if needed under most maintenance contracts.
There are several ancillary benefits of having your HVAC units maintained at least once per year including:
- Routine service will keep the energy bills down. A major part of a HVAC service is making sure all filters are replaced and free of obstructions. A HVAC system works best with its free to breathe; which means it’ll use less energy to produce comfortable temperatures.
- Routine maintenance can improve indoor air quality. Another part of the inspection is that the HVAC company will often check out the ductwork of your home for leaks or cleanliness. By having the ducts cleaned annually, it can remove a majority of the dust and debris that otherwise would be circulated throughout your home and into your lungs.
Having a maintenance program does not always have to be only done by professionals. In fact, there are several things you can do around the house yourself that will also help extend the equipment life of your heating and cooling systems while improving HVAC efficiency.
- Change your indoor filters once per month.
- Dust your AC and Heating vents once per week with a micro-fiber towel
- Make sure to remove any tree branches, tumbleweeds or other obstructions away from your outdoor HVAC unit
Second – Get Quotes on Preventative Air Conditioner Service
As you can see from the information above, having preventative HVAC service can seriously impact the longevity of your cooling or heating system. However, the one side of your HVAC that takes a serious pounding here in Scottsdale is the cooling system. There are several companies that offer specials on annual and bi-annual service programs; where the service company will show up before and after the hot weather seasons to perform preventative air conditioner service. Not only will this ensure your system is running in tip-top shape when you need it most; but it can reduce monthly energy bills and extend your equipment life significantly.
Take time to contact your local heating and air conditioning contractors in Scottsdale and ask them about the maintenance packages they offer.
Are you curious how you can extend the life of your HVAC unit? Work with a 5-star rated, family-owned, local company that you can trust. Call Hays Cooling & Heating for more information on maintaining your heating and cooling unit!
Read related articles:
- Tips On Keeping HVAC Systems in Scottsdale In Great Shape
- Air Conditioner Installation in Scottsdale: 3 Costly Mistakes to Avoid
- How To Find The Best Air Conditioning Company In North Scottsdale
Read the full story at: http://hayscoolingandheating.com/extend-heating-and-cooling-systems-in-scottsdale/